Fares & Tickets
San Francisco Bay Ferry operates on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are only available for special service to Oracle Park and Chase Center.
Our ferry routes fall into the following zones:
- Zone 1: Alameda Seaplane, Harbor Bay, Oakland & Alameda, Richmond
- Zone 2: South San Francisco
- Zone 3: Vallejo
- Short Hop: Pier 41 Short Hop, Alameda Short Hop
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Short Hops|
|Discount Clipper/Mobile Ticket*||$2.25||$3.25||$4.50||$0.50|
|Discount Paper Ticket^||$2.75||$4.25||$5.50||$0.50|
|Children under 5||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|* Discount Clipper includes Clipper START, RTC Clipper, Senior Clipper and Youth Clipper. For mobile tickets, use the discount paper ticket categories and verification methods listed below.|
|^ Discount paper tickets can be used by those 65 or older, 17 or younger or those with Medicare cards or DMV disabled parking placards.|
The Vallejo monthly pass has been discontinued effective July 2021. We encourage frequent Vallejo ferry passengers to use Clipper to pay their fares. The significantly lower Clipper fares -- $9.00 each way, and $4.50 for those with Discount Clipper cards -- reflect the steep per-ride discounts previously available to monthly pass purchasers. Learn more about using Clipper on the ferry.
- Ticketing info for Oracle Park (Giants) ferry service: Oakland & Alameda · Vallejo
- Ticketing info for Chase Center (Warriors) ferry service
For all non-sports service, we have three ways to pay your fare:
Clipper is the Bay Area’s regional transit fare media. For San Francisco Bay Ferry, this is the easiest payment option that guarantees the cheapest fare. Get a card or download the app and add value at a self-service machine or retail location or order one online.
Clipper is the only way to get transfer discounts if you use multiple transit providers on your commute.
If you can, you should use Clipper. It will save you time and money.
San Francisco Bay Ferry is now officially a part of the regional Clipper START program offering discounted transit fares to eligible lower-income Bay Area residents. Learn more about Clipper START.
Mobile Tickets on Passage: Transit Ticketing
If you don’t have a Clipper Card, you can download the Passage: Transit Ticketing app on your smartphone and buy individual tickets. This allows fast, touchless payment for boarding the ferry. This is great option if you're traveling with a group of riders: one person can download the app, buy multiple tickets and activate them together to get everyone in the party on board.
You can purchase paper tickets at one of our ticket offices or on board the ferry with cash or credit card. For the Vallejo route, onboard tickets will not be sold when the Vallejo Ferry Ticket Office is open.
Our ticket office locations are:
Vallejo Ferry Ticket Office, 289 Mare Island Way in Vallejo
- Open weekdays from 5:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Open weekends from 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bay Crossings in the Ferry Building (Shop 22), Downtown San Francisco
- Mondays: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays: Open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Open 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fridays: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays: Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Blue & Gold Fleet Box Office at Pier 41 S.F.
- The box office at Pier 41 is temporarily closed.
Hours are seasonal and subject to change.