Connecting from the Ferry to Oracle Park/Chase Center Using Muni
Ferry Tickets for Warriors Playoff Games
OAKLAND & ALAMEDA RIDERS: Buy Chase Center Ferry tickets for 2022-23 Warriors Playoff Games
VALLEJO & RICHMOND RIDERS: If you're traveling to a Warriors game, take regular ferry service to the Downtown S.F. Terminal and transfer to the MUNI Metro to complete your trip to the Chase Center. Direct Chase Center ferry service is only available from the Oakland and Main St. Alameda ferry terminals.
Getting to the Game: What's Changed?
The SFMTA's Muni Metro train service on the T Third line has changed. If you are transferring between ferries and Muni Metro at the Downtown S.F. Terminal, The SFMTA has introduced a new alignment for the T Third train line which now runs along 4th Street and through the Central Subway with stations at Market Street/Union Square Station, Yerba Buena/Moscone, 4th & Brannan, and Chinatown-Rose Pak Station. A direct transfer is now available between the T Third and all other Muni Metro lines at Powell St. and Union Square. The T Third will no longer run along the Embarcadero.
This means that ferry riders connecting to Muni Metro to get to Oracle Park will need to take the N Judah from Folsom at Embarcadero. Riders heading from the Ferry Building to Chase Center will need to take any eastbound train from Embarcadero Station and transfer to the T Third Line at Powell Station/Union Square Station.
If you are riding direct gameday special event ferries to the Oracle Park Terminal or Chase Center (Pier 48.5) Terminal, this change will not affect your itinerary.
Ferry-Muni Connections for Chase Center
To Chase Center from the Downtown S.F. Ferry Terminal
- Board any Muni Metro train at Embarcadero Station in direction of Powell St. Station.
- At Powell St. Station transfer to the T Third Line at the Union Square/Market St. Station. Follow station signs to complete the transfer to the T Third Line platform.
- Ride 5 stops to the UCSF/Chase Center station for direct service to the Chase Center.
- Total transit time between the Downtown S.F. Ferry Terminal and Chase Center: approx. 30 minutes.
From Chase Center to the Downtown S.F. Ferry Terminal
- Board the T Third Muni Metro line at UCSF/Chase Center Station on 3rd St. (in front of the arena) and ride 5 stops to the Union Square/Market St. Station.
- At the Union Square/Market St. Station, transfer to all other Muni Metro train lines headed in the direction of Embarcadero Station. Follow station signs to complete the transfer to other train platform.
- Ride 2 stops and exit at Embarcadero Station and walk over to the Downtown S.F. Terminal for all regularly scheduled ferry services.
- Total transit time between Chase Center and the Downtown S.F. Terminal: approx. 30 minutes.
Ferry-Muni Connections for Oracle Park
From the Downtown S.F. Terminal, ferry riders still have the option to walk the 20 minutes along the Embarcadero to/from Oracle Park. Muni Metro service will still be available between the Downtown S.F. Terminal (Embarcadero & Folsom St.) and Oracle Park (2nd & King St.). Please note that as of January 7, 2023 Muni Metro's N Judah will be the only line serving stations along the Embarcadero between the Ferry Building and Oracle Park.
Tickets & Fares
Tickets for Muni can continue to be purchased at all Muni Metro stations, however, during busy event periods, using Clipper to pay your fare is still the easiest option. Ferry tickets can be purchased on the San Francisco Bay Ferry app or onboard the vessel upon boarding.
Special Event Ferry Service
Direct special event ferry service to the Oracle Park ferry terminal and the Chase Center (Pier 48.5) ferry terminal will continue to operate normally when each sports team is in season, respectively. More information on each service can be found here:
- Chase Center Gameday Special Event Ferry Info
- Oracle Park Gameday Special Event Ferry Info (Oakland & Alameda)
- Oracle Park Gameday Special Event Ferry Info (Vallejo)
Regularly Scheduled Ferry Service
Regularly scheduled ferry service is offered daily between the Downtown S.F. Ferry Terminal, Oakland & Alameda, Richmond, and Vallejo.
See our Rider Guide page or call (707) 643-3779.
SERVICE COMMENTS and QUESTIONS
Service suggestions are welcome. Please visit our contact page.