Between Vallejo and San Francisco Ferry Building or Pier 41
Effective July 1, 2019
|Adult Clipper Card||$11.30|
|Clipper START program||$7.50|
|Youth (5-18 years), Seniors (65+ yrs), Disabled*||$7.50|
|Children under 5**||FREE|
|Short Hop Youth, Senior, Disabled***||$0.80|
Monthly passes are good for one calendar month.
School Group Fares
(Ferry only; 72 hour pre-approval required. See school group form below or call 707-643-3779.)
- The Vallejo Ferry Ticket Office currently has special hours. See them at this link.
- Tickets are sold at the Vallejo Ferry Terminal ticket office at 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo and Bay Crossings in the SF Ferry Building.
- Passengers who wish to purchase tickets onboard may be held before entrance onto the ferry until a crew member is available to board and process transactions. This additional wait can be avoided by purchasing tickets in the Vallejo Ticket Office or Bay Crossings during business hours or by using the Hopthru app to purchase tickets via mobile device.
- NEW: Mobile ticketing is now available with the Hopthru mobile app. Learn how to buy ferry tickets on your phone.
- We accept cash, VISA and MasterCard at the ferry ticket office. Commuter checks can be used for the purchase of passes at participating ticket outlets.
- School groups please use our School Group Request Form. Please note that school group requests must be processed, approved, and paid-in-full at least 72 hours prior to your sailing date to receive a group rate discount.
- Transferring to or from MUNI using your Clipper Card? Adult San Francisco Bay Ferry passengers using Clipper receive a $0.50 transfer discount when transferring between the ferry and MUNI. The discount is provided both to and from the ferry.
- Tickets may only be used on the ferry route for which they were originally purchased.
- All tickets are nonrefundable.
- Fares subject to change.
The Vallejo to San Francisco service accepts Clipper Cards
Tag On. Tag Off.
1. Tag on by touching your card to the reader at the terminal entry gates.
2. Tag off at the card reader at your destination. Tagging off ensures you are not overcharged for your fare.
Learn more on our Clipper FAQ page.