Fares between Richmond and San Francisco Ferry Building
Effective through June 30, 2019
|Adult (cash fare)||$9.00|
|Adult Clipper Card||$6.75|
|Youth (5-18 years), Seniors (65+ yrs), Disabled*||$4.50|
|Children under 5**||FREE|
These fares are subject to a 3% increase on July 1, 2019, consistent with all other regularly-scheduled WETA services and WETA’s Fiscal Year 2015-2020 Fare Program adopted by the WETA Board in 2015.
Purchasing Tickets & Transfer Info
- Purchase tickets onboard the ferry at time of departure or at the Bay Crossings Store in the San Francisco Ferry Building.
- Mobile ticketing is available with the Hopthru mobile app. Learn how to buy ferry tickets on your phone.
- We accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Commuter Check.
- Tickets may only be used on the ferry route for which they were originally purchased.
- Transferring to or from MUNI using your Clipper Card? Adult San Francisco Bay Ferry passengers using Clipper receive a $0.50 transfer discount when transferring between the ferry and MUNI. The discount is provided both to and from the ferry.
- AC Transit transfer discounts are available for all customers using Clipper. Clipper provides: a $2.25 for Adults and a $1.10 discount for Youth/Senior/Disabled on AC Transit local buses when transferring from the Ferry; equivalent discounts are provided on ferry fares when transferring from AC Transit local buses. AC Transit transfer discounts are only available on Clipper.
- Fares subject to change
The Richmond to San Francisco service accepts Clipper Cards.
Tag On. Tag Off.
1. Tag on by touching your card to the reader at the terminal entry gates.
2. Tag off at the card reader at your destination. Tagging off ensures you are not overcharged for your fare.
Learn more on our Clipper FAQ page.