- FERRY TERMINAL LOCATIONS
- BOARDING POLICY
- SHUTTLE SERVICE/HARBOR BAY
- TERMINAL MAPS & PASSENGER
BOARDING LINE LOCATIONS
- BART STRIKE COMPLETE SCHEDULE
BART Strike Service Advisory, October 2013
FOR SERVICE BETWEEN:
Harbor Bay and
San Francisco Ferry Building Gate E
San Francisco Bay Ferry (SFBF) will make every effort to accommodate increased ridership demand resulting from a BART strike. These efforts will include deploying all available vessels, implementing special schedules, extending service hours, providing for onsite (off boat) ticket sales at some locations, and providing customer service representatives to provide information and keep riders informed. Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to serve you. However, some delays are to be expected so we ask for your patience and understanding.
FERRY TERMINAL LOCATIONS
- 215 Adelphian Way, Alameda
- San Francisco Ferry Building Gate E: Located behind the Ferry Building on the south side
- See terminal maps and passenger boarding line locations
See complete weekday schedule »
There is no weekend service
Morning/Evening Peak Commute Service
During morning (6:00 AM to 10:55 AM) and evening (3:25 PM to 8:25 PM) peak commute hours there will be direct service between Harbor Bay and the San Francisco Ferry Building Gate E.
- Harbor Bay to SF Ferry Building Gate E: 12 Harbor Bay departures to San Francisco per day beginning with a 6:00 AM Harbor Bay departure and ending with a 8:00 PM Harbor Bay departure to the ferry building.
- No midday service between 11:00 am and 4:00 PM
- SF Ferry Building Gate E to Harbor Bay: 10 Ferry Bldg. departures to Harbor Bay per day beginning with a 7:00 AM Ferry Building Gate E departure and ending with a 7:30 PM
Ferry Building departure to Harbor Bay.
- No midday service between 10:35 AM And 3:30 PM
FARES: Adult one-way paper ticket fare is $6.50; Clipper Card fare is $5.00. Youth 5-12: $3.25. Senior 62+, Disabled, Medicare: $3.75. Active Military: $5.25. Children under 5 accompanied by an adult ride free.
At Harbor Bay
- Clipper cards loaded with E-CASH and paper tickets accepted
- Tickets may be purchased onboard the boat at time of departure.
- Check, cash, credit cards accepted
Departing from the SF Ferry Building, Gate E
- Tickets may be purchased onboard the boat at departure time; or,
- At the Bay Crossings store located in the Ferry Building
- Clipper Cards and paper tickets available
- Store opens at 5:30 AM
Boarding is strictly on a first come first served basis. We apologize to our regular riders for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time. See passenger boarding line locations.
Parking at or near ferry terminals will be extremely limited. Please plan to be dropped off at the terminal, or car pool, bike, walk, or take the shuttle (see shuttle schedule below).
At Harbor Bay free LIMITED parking is available at:
- Parking lots adjacent to ferry terminal
At the San Francisco Ferry Building:
- There is limited paid parking in the Ferry Building area.
- Getting to the terminal: If possible be dropped off, walk, bike or take public transit.
- Space onboard for bikes will be limited to between 16 and 44 depending upon the boat. If all onboard bike spaces are taken you may have to wait for the next departure.
SHUTTLE SERVICE/Harbor Bay
FREE shuttle service to/from the Harbor Bay terminal is:
- Operated from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Approximate frequency = 20 minutes
- Shuttle will loop Mecartney - Island - golf course parking lot - Robert Davey Jr - Aughinbaugh - Harbor Bay ferry terminal
TERMINAL MAPS & PASSENGER BOARDING LINE LOCATIONS
SF Ferry Building Passenger Boarding Lines
BART STRIKE SCHEDULE
WEEKDAY SCHEDULE TO SAN FRANCISCO
Ferry Bldg. Gate E
WEEKDAY SCHEDULE TO HARBOR BAY
Ferry Bldg. Gate E