Alameda / Oakland / San Francisco
Read about the fare policy changes implemented on November 1, 2014.
Between Alameda or Oakland and San Francisco Ferry Building or Pier 41
|Adult (cash fare)||$6.25|
|Adult Clipper Card||$4.75|
|Youth (5-18 years)||$3.10|
|Seniors (65+ yrs), Disabled1||$3.10|
|Children under 5 (when accompanied by an adult)||FREE|
|Short Hop Senior, Disabled 4||$0.75|
Discount Ticket Books
The 10-, 20-, and 40-ticket books have been discontinued. Ticket books in circulation on November 1 will continue to be honored. Note:Ticket book users may want to consider using the Clipper Card as it provides a discount comparable to that afforded by the 20-ticket book.
Purchasing Tickets & Transfer Info
- Purchase tickets onboard the ferry at time of departure; at Blue & Gold Fleet’s Pier 41 Ticket Booth (no service charge); or online at blueandgoldfleet.com ($1.50 per ticket convenience fee applies).
- Boarding Policy: Passengers holding tickets or a Ticket Purchase Confirmation (from online ticket purchases) are boarded first.
- We accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Commuter Check.
- Tickets may only be used on the ferry route for which they were originally purchased.
- Standard fare tickets cannot be used on AT&T Park ferry.
- Transferring to and from MUNI using your Clipper Card? MUNI offers a $0.50 transfer discount to adult San Francisco Bay Ferry passengers using Clipper, and San Francisco Bay Ferry offers a reciprocal $0.50 transfer to adult passengers tranferring from MUNI on their return trip. Paper transfers will no longer be accepted by MUNI as of November 4, 2012.
- AC Transit transfer with ticket purchase.
- Fares subject to change.
The Alameda/Oakland to San Francisco service accepts Clipper Cards
Tag On. Tag Off.
1. Tag on by touching your card to the reader at the terminal entry gates.
2. Tag off at the card reader at your destination. Tagging off ensures you are not overcharged for your fare.
Learn more on our Clipper FAQ page.